699 views
Verified Reviewer

Featured

If you are considering - or already involved with shopkids.com as a supplier/boutique - read on and BEWARE to be in for a NIGHTMARE. You will lose your money and possibly your mind....

I worked for a small kids boutique in Belgium - and we were victims of this outrageous Shoptique scam - in our case by joining their platform Shopkids.com. I can barely express how much agony, misery, wasted time and money this caused us.

Sadly, we decided to go ahead and pay the 1000 USD fee - a HUGE investment for a beginning boutique. But their sales pitch was so slick, we stupidly fell for it. They reached out via Facebook, presented a whole pitch full of promises of this all-inclusive service (incl. website design, newsletters etc). They emphasized their entire concept was to put small, exclusive shops like ours in the spotlight, for global consumers to order from, by being featured on their online platform.

Apparently - we were very carefully selected as one of a few lucky shops in Belgium, after a thorough research of our high quality, unique brands we offer.

What convinced us, was their point that they had 100,000's customers signed up for Shoptiques - who would all be exposed to Shopkids.com

Sounded perfect. We had only about a week to commit, because there would be a huge launch, with mass online coverage - and we were carefully selected to be featured, with our boutique name - and photos.

When we said we needed more time - they kept pushing that if we missed the launch, we would miss out on huge sales.

Once our page was set up, we had to upload images of each item. That's when we realized things wernt right. Every single image we uploaded was rejected, because of absurd reasons. We spent all hours of the day and night to make edits and re-upload images. Still to no avail. When I started complaining, they quickly accepted a few. I kept on asking to speak to a representative on the phone - but they refused. The original, super-friendly sales-person ignored my emails. Once we had a small part of our collection processed as "published onto your boutique page" - I did a test. As a "customer" I searched one of our brands on shopkids.com - a couple items appeared, but NONE from our boutique.

Then I tried searching by our boutique name: Nothing came up.

Then I noticed "Shop by City" always listed only a few - and always the same cities - NY, London, Miami -- never our city.

Again I complained, but received nothing but automated email replies.

The big launch date arrived: Nothing happened - no coverage online whatsoever. What raised huge alarm bells was noticing their Facebook page had 100 or so likes!!! Out of 100,000+ subscribers, who supposedly had received a newsletter???

I demanded to see the newsletter, and the online coverage of the huge launch they promised - and in which we were supposed to be featured. NO response.

The final shocker: Again, as a "customer" I changed the country option on shopkids.com to Brazil, Spain, China, France etc.. I searched for one of our items - and it did appear in the results. HOWEVER: an item that we priced at eg. 20 euros, was priced around 5-10 TIMES higher if you ordered from another country!!! A skipping rope that a Belgian customer could buy at 8 euros - was featured as costing 70 euros for someone ordering from the U.S!!!

Thats when we were outraged and sent them emails demanding an explanation - which they ignored.

Our question: WHY would an American customer buy a skipping rope from us for 70 euros??? When they google the item, they can see the price is 8 euros anywhere else.

Finally - I had a vacation to NYC planned a while back. I emailed them that I would love to meet in person, since we were business partners, and wanted to discuss how we could better work together (keeping it friendly, as to not scare them off). The reply was astounding: They said, yes, great, please come to our offices. We will create a video where you can promote your boutique and we will place it on our website and on social media!!!

Awesome. When I asked for the day and time of our meeting --- all went silent.....

That's when we just decided to give up...

I swear, whoever is behind this - is the *** of the earth. To rob earnest, hard-working small business owners of their money - plus all the hours we invested -- they deserve to be in jail.

I am a very reasonable, forgiving person - but I have SO much anger towards this bunch of criminals.

There must be so many more victims out there. I hope we can somehow get justice - but I don't know where to start...

Would love to hear back from anyone who has experienced the same. Best wishes.

Product or Service Mentioned: Shopkids Com Marketplace.

Reason of review: The service we purchased is an elaborate scam. Our "webshop" that we purchased was never delivered - our merchandise was never made available for online purchase.

Shoptiques Cons: Scam, That shoptiques takes advantage of small businesses.

Shoptiques - SCAM!!
Explore video interviews

Comments

I can confirm this platform is a BIG SCAM. Do NOT fall for it...

#1812005

We are a boutique in Mexico. We feel pretty much the same as in this woman´s complaint.

Shoptiques do not know world geography and it is clear in their website.

Shop for our brand and you´ll get null results. We where robed $1,000 usd.

Hi there! Our mission here at Shoptiques is to help small, local boutiques reach a global audience, and our Boutique Curation team interviews every store to ensure that each boutique is the right fit to be successful on Shoptiques.

I am sorry to hear that you regret your decision of joining Shoptiques and we would love to address your concerns and help you get started! Many of our boutiques are doing significant sales through Shoptiques and we’re confident you can be too. I’m not sure if you saw this American Express feature on one of our stores who recently sold over $1million through Shoptiques - feel free to check it out here: https://www.americanexpress.com/en-us/business/trends-and-insights/articles/10-tips-help-boost-online-sales-holiday-season/ Would you be so kind as to email us help@shoptiques.com or call us (646) 368-9685 at your convenience? We searched through all of our records and unfortunately, Shoptiques (or Shopkids) has never worked with Emma from Belgium.

We would love to help, but are unable to locate your account.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we look forward to helping you be successful on Shoptiques and grow your business both in-store and online. Thank you, The Shoptiques Team

#1812059
@Fatimata Zkb

This typed letter sounds like a commercial. ...we sold over a million!

Yeah, right. The truth is, boutiques barely make a sale through Shoptiques. We are made believe they will promote your business and your sales will increase but it is not true.

Shoptiques survive only because of the entry fee of $1,000 dollars they charge each new "Partner". They never feature boutiques randomly on their front page and don´t care for those boutiques outside the USA.

#1820412
@PissedConsumer1812059

We appreciate your feedback. However, Shoptiques helps thousands of stores succeed, which is why they continue to partner with us.

However, if your physical store is empty - you won't sell anything. The same is true here on Shoptiques - to make sales, you have to upload products and write descriptions and ship products on time. We're very proud of the services we provide and the value we have brought to so many stores. I am so sorry to hear this wasn't the case for you.

We're happy to review your account and help you succeed.

Please email us help@shoptiques.com with your information. Thank you, - The Shoptiques Team

@Fatimata Zkb

Hello Fatimata, I hadn't replied sooner because I thought it was pointless, but I keep seeing similar stories pop up on the web, by other victims of your scam. So, clearly there is a point for me to put the truth out there, in case it prevents other small biz owners from the same nightmare.

You wouldn't find an Emma from Belgium in your "records", because that's not my name. I've seen too many stories from business owners who were harassed by your company, after posting your scam. Thanks though for the marketing blurb about your mission. It's nonsense.

You say you would love to address our concerns. Hard to believe. When I needed your help, your team was anything but helpful. Urgent concerns/questions went unanswered or met with lies.

Such as "Why are you listing our item that was uploaded at 8 euros, as costing up to 10 times more, when customers from markets outside Belgium view it?". The answer is a no-brainer. Because your platform is a Fata Morgana. Shopkids was never set up to "help small, local boutiques reach a global audience".

It was set up to trick as many small biz owners out of $1,000 as possible-- without the actual investment of providing what you sold: a functioning webshop reaching a global audience of high-end consumers. It's possible, you may have done so for a handful of boutiques, to be able to garner a few credible success stories. Just a pointer: Advertising products above market retail price is an illegal practice. The explanation: "The higher price includes potential duty and import taxes", as provided by you, is of course ludicrous; plus still doesn't make up for the fact that no consumer is dumb enough to make that purchase-- I don't care how "high-end" they are.

All it adds up to is that the "global audience of consumers" we were promised-- the reason we signed up and paid Shoptiques, is complete fiction, non-existent, a scam. We bought a slick, fancy-looking box filled with air. Anyway, I am not expecting much different as a reply besides your usual spiel, along the lines of: - "Please reach out so we can address your concerns (funny how you are available by phone for prospects during the pre-sales pitch and for ex-customers who are putting the word out-- but NOT AT ALL for actual customers who need your services)" Or maybe "You must have a large range of items featured on your Shopkids page, in order to be successful". Well, obviously that was our exact intention.

How peculiar though that 80% of the images we uploaded to the platform were rejected, for inconsistent, countless reasons. Resolution, color, description, categorization, exposure, angle-- the list goes on.... For some images, all these reasons would apply, except you would mention them separately, after each new upload, to make sure we wasted enough hours on the same image, until we lost the will to live. Of course, once we started expressing our anger and suspicions-- rejected images were miraculously approved and featured.

Would you care to justify any of the above with an actual, relevant explanation?

Looking forward to it! Emma

@Essie Xdc

If you'd like to reach out to help@shoptiques.com or (646) 368-9685 with your contract name, we're happy to look up your details and provide information specific to your account. Best of luck with your business, The Shoptiques Team

Shoptiques Reviews